Meriwether Bow Tie
The Meriwether Bow Tie honors the 150th Kentucky Derby with a Brackish twist. Turkey feathers are hand-laid to create the iconic horseshoe design, while a vibrant pop of red pays homage to the 'Garland of Roses'. Elevate your Derby style with this timeless and sophisticated piece.
- Band collar wrap features an adjustable strap from 13" to 21" and a hook closure.
- Bow tie dimensions are 2.5” tall and 4.5” wide.
- Each feather used in production is all-natural and sustainably sourced.
- Feathers for bow ties are hand-selected, giving each finished piece unique coloring.
- Each bow tie is hand-crafted in Charleston, South Carolina and takes approximately five hours to make, start to finish.
Crafted to Coordinate
Dorsey Pocket Square
Drift Hoop Earring
Polar Star Stud Earring
In partnership with Churchill Downs and in celebration of the 150th Anniversary of this iconic event, Brackish has created its first official Kentucky Derby bow tie and accessory collection. While horse racing is at the forefront, style is an indispensable part of the fanfare with fashion that combines charm and sophistication with the occasional whimsical touch. To honor the dress-to-impress mentality, each piece in our collection is inspired by the fashion-forward designs, bright colors and bold ensembles that can only be found trackside in Louisville.
The centerpiece of our Kentucky Derby collection is the 150th Anniversary Meriwether bow tie - which pays homage to Meriwether Lewis Clark Jr. who established the Churchill Downs Racetrack in Louisville in 1875 after watching the horse races in Europe. Meriwether's contribution to American racing cannot be overstated. In addition to building Churchill Downs and originating the Kentucky Derby, he wrote many racing rules that are still in force today and pioneered the stakes system, on which the present-day Breeders' Cup is modeled.
- Each bow tie arrives in a hand-branded, pine gift box.
- A list of the feathers used and instructions on how to care for your tie are included.
Made in Charleston
All Brackish accessories are handcrafted in Charleston, S.C. and take between 4-5 hours to complete. Every feather is hand selected by our artisans, making no two pieces exactly alike.