The 1824 Bow Tie
A timeless symbol in honor of the MUSC Bicentennial, this custom bow tie fuses the heritage of the past with the promise of its future. Bold black goose and golden pheasant feathers add drama, while bright blue peacock fringe pops for a look that celebrates this milestone.
- Band collar wrap features an adjustable strap from 13" to 21" and a hook closure.
- Bow tie dimensions are 2.5” tall and 4.5” wide.
- Each feather used in production is all-natural and sustainably sourced.
- Feathers for bow ties are hand-selected, giving each finished piece unique coloring.
- Each bow tie is hand-crafted in Charleston, South Carolina and takes approximately five hours to make, start to finish.
Due to high demand, in-stock orders may take longer to ship. You will receive a notification as soon as your order has shipped. Orders with made-to-order items require additional time and will ship in full in approximately 2-3 weeks and are guaranteed for on-time holiday delivery.
We offer a complimentary 30 day return and exchange policy on all domestic orders purchased directly from Brackish.
We take pride in our work and stand behind our products. All Brackish pieces include a lifetime repair guarantee free of charge. Repair requests should be submitted through our online form.
You may also like
Coleen Hoop Earring
Nenana Circle Earring
Obsidian Pocket Square
Parades Petite Statement Earring
Then, Now, Next Wide Cuff
An iconic institution of Charleston, South Carolina, MUSC has played a pivotal role in advancing health care and medical research. Established in 1824 as the Medical College of South Carolina, it has continually evolved. From surviving the challenges of the Civil War to modernizing in the 20th century, MUSC’s commitment to innovation and inclusivity has made it a globally renowned institution.
In commemoration of 200 years of excellence, we have partnered with MUSC to create one-of-a-kind history that honors the Then, Now, Next theme of this milestone. Each piece is designed to embrace the history of the institution and celebrate the present day innovations while looking towards the ambitious plans for the future. With each purchase, a donation will be made to the Bicentennial Scholarship fund to help future medical professionals continue this legacy.
- Each bow tie arrives in a hand-branded, pine gift box.
- A list of the feathers used in craftmanship and instructions on how to care for your tie are included.
Made in Charleston
All Brackish accessories are handcrafted in Charleston, S.C. and take between 4-5 hours to complete. Every feather is hand selected by our artisans, making no two ties exactly alike.